March 14, 2012

And I have a century...........

This is my hundredth post!! Hurray \o/.... For all those who aren't cricketing fans, making a century means getting a hundred runs in cricket - the equivalent to my writing a hundred posts. (ok, not really, but still!)

Lately, reading over my blog, I find I'm slightly obsessed with Christie (and I haven't even written posts on all the books I've read in the past few days). What can I say? She's a great mystery writer. But writing this blog has been, and continues to be, an awesome experience. It's so fun to read and to write all about my views and recommend certain books I find fascinating. It also gets me more out into the world of books; more than I've ever tried to go before. What with different challenges and having my own personal challenges, blogging has become more about finding books for myself than recommending them to others.

Recently, due to some family troubles, I quit blogging for a couple of months. Then, one day, I found I had been awarded the Liebster Blog Award! It was all I needed to get reading again.


Check out the rules for spreading this award here.

I've made two trips to my local old bookshop and have stocked up on quite a number of books. But, whatever my plans for reading may be, it's wedding season here in Pakistan - that means going to the weddings of friends and family is going to take up at least four to five days per wedding! That may seem like a lot, but a traditional wedding has a few days of 'dholki' where relatives sit around and sing songs, one day of 'mehndi' where the dress code is yellow, orange, red or green, the Wedding (hosted by the bride's family), and finally the Walimah (hosted by the groom's family)! It's a crazy week, but so much fun. As soon as the season is over, I'll be back.....

2 comments:

Tim Jones said...

Congratulations on your century! Unlike cricket, you can't add blog posts in lots of four or six, so I reckon a century in blogging is actually more difficult!

Sarah said...

Haha thanks!