December 1, 2011

November has been a slow month in reading. I've started a new job, have had constant family gatherings, and best of all, our Eid also took place this month (a three day holiday). It was a busy busy busy month and I didn't get a lot of reading done.

Books I read this month:

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis
The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis
Moods by Louisa May Alcott
Kidnapped by Robert Stevenson

Agatha Christie re-reads:

Nemesis
At Bertram's Hotel
A Pocket Full of Rye
Evil Under the Sun
The Moving Finger

I hope to make it all up next month with a nice new bag of books I bought a couple of days ago. Some I've reserved for My Blind Date with a Book feature, and others on a comparison I want to make between books and their movies. 

The Princess by D. H. Lawrence
Manon Lescaut by Abbe Prevost
The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis
Lorna Doone by R. D. Blackmore
The Clocks by Agatha Christie
Crooked House by Agatha Christie

Currently, I am reading The Elephant Vanishes by Haruki Murakami. An unusual book for me - a new genre which I've never read before. I'll have to read more before I can give an opinion on him (I'm also in the middle of What We Say Goes, interviews of Noam Chomsky. I find it very interesting so far! Again, I can't give an opinion till I read much much more on this subject.)

No comments: